Disclaimer: This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here are my own and not my employer's.

Wednesday 30 November 2011

Comeback Thoughts

Well, today’s a light day at work, which gives me the perfect opportunity to make my nth comeback into blogging. Hmm… so far, things have been quite busy managing life between family and career. Parenting, a not so new yet not so old facet of my life, has certainly opened my eyes to so many things that I probably never bothered to pay attention to in the past, such as the costs of kids stuff (exorbitant!), or school admission procedures (harrowing!).

Well, there’s my topic: Parenting. Sometime back a friend of mine jokingly revealed to me an obscure memory (or made-up one, I don’t know) of my childhood, where I announced that what I want to do with my life is have a baby. Embarrassing to admit, but it’s true. I think for as long as I remember, I always wanted to have a baby. And I think I always wanted to have a little girl. And Imagine my happiness, when it did happen.

You know I think Nature has a knack of dropping a hint here and there about the gender of the baby you are going to have. Only what happens is sometimes we tend to get confused between what’s being hinted and wishful thinking. It’s only after THE event happens that things settle down and you find yourself thinking, “See! I knew I would have a boy/girl! I just knew!”

Then again, this might just be my experience. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment